Every great room has one common denominator: a fabulous focal point. It’s where your eye naturally wanders when you behold any great space. Similarly, every cozy room shares one simple element: inviting textures. So why not start with cozy fiber art as the focal point? By letting your focal point inform the rest of your design decisions, you can create a cohesive space that feels considered and warm without over-embellishing. Continue reading “Design Tips for Fall: Using Fiber Art As Your Focal Point”
Are you emotionally paralyzed too?
If you’re like most of us, you wish you could de-clutter your home but you don’t have the heart to do it. Clutter stresses you out but the idea of parting with your stuff is simply unbearable. It’s a vicious cycle that just gets trickier when you’re living with a clutter lover.
A new study suggests we’re all in the same boat: We want to reduce clutter but are emotionally paralyzed when it comes to saying goodbye to it. We’re either too attached or believe our stuff is actually worth something.
So how do we get out of this rut? Here’s how I did it:
And that story — whether a shared moment, cherished memory, or even a vivid flight of imagination — is uniquely personal.
Art is personal, too. Every piece of art communicates special meaning through images, words, or sounds.
As both storytellers and artists, we wanted to come up with a way for these distinct creative processes to somehow become a one-of-a-kind collaboration for everyone. Like you, we believe that sharing memories and imaginations could help create a more colorful, compassionate and loving world.
And StoriesToArt was born.
StoriesToArt enables you to commission exclusive pieces of art, music, or poetry directly inspired by your stories. The result is a powerful and personal work of art — for yourself or as the perfect gift — that allows professional artists to express their own styles based on your creative input.
StoriesToArt connects art lovers to artists in a whole new way. Our commissions and original pieces are available in everyone’s price range, and there are even opportunities to obtain free art via our story contests.
Best of all, StoriesToArt Gives Back 5% to support artists and promote arts education nationwide.
Everyone has a story to tell, and we believe that any story can become a true work of art. With StoriesToArt, you’re invited to tap into your creative side like never before.
Want to get started? Here’s how it works.
Please go to this site: https://www.storiestoart.com/artist/signup/
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Enter your StoriesToArt email address (email@example.com). We will send an email to your personal email address on file with a link to reset your password.
- You will receive an email* with the heading: Reset Password within 30 minutes. (If you don’t see it, check your promotions and junk folders).
- When you receive the Reset Password email, click on the link in the email to enter a new password. After entering a new password, you’ll be redirected to your Artist Account Log In page.
- On the Artist Account Log In page, enter your StoriesToArt email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and new password.
*If you do not receive the Reset Password email, please email email@example.com.
- Use this Guide to Completing your Artist Account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you.
- Use this Cheat Sheet as a quick guide for maintaining your Artist Account.
- Sync your personal email with your StoriesToArt email accounts (with assistance from Ty Owens, our marketing specialist, who will be contacting you).
- After you sync your StoriesToArt email with your personal email, please always respond to customers from your @storiestoart email address by selecting your @storiestoart.com account in the “From” field. If you aren’t sure how to do this, contact email@example.com for help.
- Check your emails from StoriesToArt daily.
- Look for and respond quickly to emails about sales of Existing Artwork with the subject heading: Your Artwork – SOLD.
- Always Print the Packing Slip and Confirm Shipment on the Site when your Existing and Commissioned 2D or 3D Artwork sells. (This is how we know what to pay you).
- Email your sold Artwork within the shipping time frame you specified.
- Look for and respond quickly to emails from StoriesToArt customers when commissioned to create Artwork.
- Email Commissioned Artwork updates to customers for Artwork valued at $250+. Include an image of completed 2D and 3D Commissioned Artwork (of any value) for final approval prior to shipping.
- Look for emails about returns of Existing Artwork (which we hope won’t happen!) with the subject heading Return Notification.
- Confirm receipt of returns on your Artist Account as soon as the returned artwork is received.
- Increase your presence online by messaging Art Scout or sending ty.owens@storiestoart. com images, audio or text of work along with the stories behind the work and updates to post (e.g., awards, new ideas you have for work, work in progress). Learn more about how to Make the Most of Our Social Media.
- Stay informed by following us on: